Friday, October 9, 2009

Be the change you wish to see in the world

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix

While I was reading Facebook this morning, a lady who I respect immensely, made the comment that "... if the politicians on the hill could just stop bickering, that we could realize peace and prosperity within our country" in reference to Obama’s award of the Nobel Peace Prize. I agree with her completely and it woke that hamster up who’s been sleeping at the wheel in the ol’ brain.

What’s stopping us?

It seems like every day, I hear at least one person comment on our politicians and how we should just “wipe the slate clean and begin again”.

What’s stopping us?

I think we all need to ask ourselves the question of: “If I don’t agree with my government, what can I do?” “What should I do?” and finally, “What am I willing to do?”

All too often in our society do I see that as a mass, we feel impotent and act impotent, however we are given the gift by our Constitution to vote, to be a government “Of the people, by the people and for the people”. Why are we impotent?

Because we allow ourselves to be.

Be the change you wish to see in the world, and person by person we can make a difference.

Allow your change to be infectious! Demonstrate love, understanding, patience and a willingness to work together. This is a great time of learning for America, we can be the change we wish to see in the world, we can’t just talk about it, we have to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search