Saturday, September 26, 2009

We're off to see the wizard....

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome ~ Arthur Ashe

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~ Lao Tzu

The one thing all famous authors, world class athletes, business tycoons, singers, actors, and celebrated achievers in any field have in common is that they all began their journeys when they were none of these things. Yet still, they began their journey. ~ Mike Dooley

Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world, Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes let your spirit soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before. ~ Erich Fromm


Well here we are at the beginning of my my blog, but not the beginning of my journey, not by far, oh no.


My journey started long before. My journey started the day I realized that I was not living my life. I was a zombie, going through the motions. You know the routine; you work a job because you have bills to pay. Does it satisfy the pocket book? Well I'd like to hope so, but does it satisfy your soul? No, each night you return home more tired than the last.

It happened on a July day when I was filling out my semi-annual review for my "day gig" I still hold onto to pay the bills. I had to rate myself in a variety of areas such as customer service and so on. I pulled out my review from six months prior to review my goals as to address how I have met them when it struck me.

The company I work for doesn’t value what I feel are my strengths.

The company I work for doesn’t recognize the skills in which I have spent years honing and have been recognized for in the past.

My values do not align what the values of the business I am working for.

WHAT AM I DOING HERE?

Oh yeah, the steady paycheck.

Well, not any more! Here I am… and I’m going somewhere, starting now.

2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I have memories of her from way back when we were in elementary school. I'm glad you are turning a new leaf. I look forward to reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sara, I am so happy to see you are doing well and I am glad to be in contact with you.

    Blessings my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search